Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Innovative Teacher Summer Camp Winners Announced

Learning.com had an overwhelming number of applicants, many of them with outstanding project submissions including innovative concepts for cross curriculum lessons and units. Although I was not selected for Teacher Camp, my project demonstrated "significant originality in topic and design" (according to my rejection letter -- at least that's what I thought it was). Therefore, I was delighted to learn as I read on, that my letter had a little surprise. I was invited to be part of the Innovator Finalist Team, a select group of fifteen teachers that will receive Learning.com product offerings and services free of charge during the 2009-2010 school year. The focus of the Innovator Finalist Program is to support me in additional development of innovative lesson plans and cross curriculum units that will be useful in my classroom, and shared through my Digital Learning Environment (DLE) to a national audience of educators.


As part of the Innovator Finalist Team, I will receive thirty, one year, free of charge student subscription licenses to Learning.com's award winning Easy Tech, Aha!Math and Aha!Science products. Learning.com will also provide free of charge Webex’s throughout the school year to provide me with professional development and training on utilizing Learning.com’s curriculum content and the tools of their Digital Learning Environment to create innovative lesson plans and units for my classroom students. I'm looking forward to using and reviewing Learning.com's product offerings and sharing insights with educators on how they can get the most out of this new set of tools.

No comments: